12 C

DHS replacing food items lost in power outage!



By: Josh Troy

Relief is on the way for anyone in Coahoma County on food stamps who lost food as a result of last week’s power outage. Those who lost food and are on food stamps may go to the Department of Human Services office to request replacing what they lost.“This is just our policy,” said County Director of DHS Brenda Bryant. “If there’s a power outage due to a storm or something like that, they can request replacing it for the amount of perishable food they lost.”

The power outage resulted from the ice storm throughout Coahoma County.
Bryant said anyone who comes to the office seeking replacement food items must fill out a form. She added anyone could request to replace food items they lost before 5 p.m. this coming Friday.The Department of Human Services office, located at 923 Ohio Ave., in Clarksdale, is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays. Anyone with questions may contact the office at (662) 624-3050.

Related articles

Recomended Articles